This week we will be using our place value knowledge to help us add and subtract!
Our story this week is 'Winnie the Witch and the Flying Carpet'. Woodpecker have read this with Miss Davis before! Watch the video or read it here.
Well done everyone for working so hard this week - you've made it to Friday!
Firstly, here are the answers for yesterday's maths.
As we've done on previous Fridays, today we are going to give you a choice of activities to complete linked to our book.
Here are your options:
- Make a witch's hat. Find some instructions here.
This is my witch's hat. I didn't have plain card so I used a cereal box opened out. Then I could have coloured it or painted it if I wanted to.
- Choose your favourite witch or wizard from anything you know (Harry Potter, Worst Witch, Fairy Tales, Films etc). Research them and create a fact file about them.
- Decorate some biscuits to look like spiders' webs. Have a look at these instructions. It doesn't matter if you don't have icing bags - you can drizzle the different colours with a spoon!
- Follow this tutorial to draw your own cat. Maybe you can add you own details to make it look like a witch's cat!
- If you enjoyed writing your story yesterday, today you could write a sequel. That means you write another story that would come next.
- Answer this maths questions: Winnie the Witch has 5 different broomsticks. Each broomstick is made up of 10 individual twigs.
How many individual twigs are in the 5 broomsticks altogether? If each individual twig weighs 10g and each broom handle weighs 100g, how heavy are the 5 broomsticks altogether?
Today you are going to be practicing some more addition and subtraction of 10 and 100 numbers.
Click here for your maths work.
Today you are going to get creative with some story writing!
Click here for your english work.
You are doing more adding and subtracting today! Find your maths here.
More reading comprehension this wednesday! Find your english here.
Sorry it's late - Miss Davis forgot to click 'Save'! Remember we are calling you this afternoon so stay near your parents phones!
You will be refreshing your memory about place value digits. Today's maths work.
Time to uplevel! Today's English work.