Coronavirus Update 13-03-2020
As you may know from the news, schools in the UK are advised to stay open for the time being. We will continue to follow the advice from Public Health England and the local authority. We have had some questions from parents and we hope this letter will answer your concerns.
As a school:
- We will send home any children who develop a cough or fever at school. The NHS guidance says this is a temperature above 37.8°C. We have thermometers in school so we can check a child’s temperature if we are concerned.
- We continue to remind children about good hygiene and the importance of washing hands regularly throughout the day. Children have been taught to wash their hands properly by their teachers.
- In assembly today we talked about Coronavirus and how we can take sensible precautions. Teachers will talk with their classes and answer any questions children may have
- We have spoken with our cleaning team to ensure extra precautions are taken
- We have suspended all reading buddies, community volunteers and University students from coming into school until further notice
As a parent/carer
- Please make sure you follow the NHS advice overleaf.
- Keep your child at home for at least 7 days if they have any symptoms. Please call school to tell us about any absence.
- Ensure we have your up-to-date contact details, including additional contact numbers
- Check messages and emails from school for updates
- Make sure your child has their own water bottle in school with their name on
- Remind your child about good hygiene and good hand washing
There is information on the website as well. We will continue to update you as necessary. Do speak to us with any further questions you may have.
Tomorrow KS2 will be going to the Whitehall Athletics Track to complete the final part of their sports day activites.
Please see the map attached and the full address below.
WHITEHALL ATHLETICS ARENA
The children will walk to the track frmo school after registration and shoul come in wearing their PE Kit. They are aiming to arrive at the track around 10am.
Felix Road Adventure Playground, Easton, Bristol, provides a safe haven for children in which to explore adventurous play - if you haven't been before why not pay a visit over the Easter half term and enjoy some of their fab activities for the kids!
FREE open access play Sunday-Thursday.
Come along to school this Saturday for an all-women event run by Up Our Street. Hear from inspiring speakers, network, and enjoy a free lunch cooked by Somali kitchen!