As you will know, we are now in another national lockdown, so school is only open for a very small number of children. This week the home learning is on the class blogs - for example - hannahmore.org.uk/year1/year1blog. From next week KS2 learning will be via Google classroom. We have a number of chrome books - internet based laptops that we can lend to families to support with this. We will also share iPads with the KS1 families who need extra devices. If you do not have internet at home or have to rely on phone data, please contact school so that we can help.
Prior to lockdown, the council issued this guidance about keeping safe if you are coming to school. At the bottom of the page there are versions in other languages.
Key messages from Bristol City Council:
- Please travel to/from school with COVID-19 in mind. It’s advised to avoid public transport so please try and walk/cycle to school if you can, keeping your distance from others, and ensure you wear a face covering when required. Where possible, car sharing with people outside your household or support bubble should be avoided.
- Social distancing guidance inside and outside of school is different. Whilst at school, your child can mix with his/her class bubble, as safety measures are in place. This is necessary in order for us to enable children and young people to continue to attend. However, these measures are not in place outside of school, so please make sure you and your child follow the current government guidance when not in the school building
- Social distancing outside school gates is vital to minimise the spread. Please do not gather or mix when dropping off or collecting your child
- If you or your child develops symptoms of the virus, you/they must not go to school. Stay at home, self-isolate and get tested. Symptoms include a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss or change to your sense of taste and smell
- If you or your child is asked to self-isolate, you/they must not leave the house under any circumstances and your friends and family cannot visit during this time. We understand your frustrations in having to adapt to last minute calls or changes requiring you/your child to self-isolate and thank you for your continued cooperation.
Links to share